Proposal of a crossdesktop interface to query several properties about the state-of-the-desktop

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Mon Nov 26 22:49:25 GMT 2007

On Monday 26 November 2007, David Faure wrote:
> On Monday 26 November 2007, Eduardo Robles Elvira wrote:
> >  I think that given DBUS as a common protocol,
> > this is just one step more: standarizing the interfaces, and take
> > advantage of them to the max.
>
> Yes - I have seen proposals on xdg at lists.freedesktop.org about dbus
> interfaces for the kind of things being discussed here
> (and a mail where coolo said he was working on a screensaver-related one).

Right, the proposed media player interface is this one IIRC:

http://wiki.xmms2.xmms.se/index.php/MPRIS

I think I once contacted on of the assoicated developers, because they have
spread one D-Bus interface over more than one object, e.g. according to their
spec each of the three D-Bus objects only implements part of the interface,
which is basically a violation of the idea of an interface :-/

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring