Moving Svgpart to kdegraphics

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Sun Nov 25 21:39:49 GMT 2007

On Sunday 25 November 2007, Thomas Zander wrote:
> On Sunday 25 November 2007 21:29:55 Maksim Orlovich wrote:
> > > I must say even though you could read what Thomas said as a bit
> > > 'agressive' I don't think it really classified as FUD.
> >
> > It is FUD. He is spreading disinformation on direction of project he is
> > not involved with,
>
> I'm going out on a lim here by guessing you are referring to the fact I
> wrote;
>   "while others work on getting webkit in the base"
> and you read that as me saying getting webkit into kdebase.
>
> If that is the case, this is a simple misunderstanding, and I apologise
> for the misunderstanding that this created.
> With 'the base' I mean the broader base set of libraries that all apps
> will have access to soon.  Not any specific library or product.
>
> If this is not what you were referring to, please be specific in where I
> screwed up :)

Come on, you know what he means: khtml IS right now the official KDE html
engine, and nothing else has been decided. By saying that people shouldn't
work on an SVG viewer you imply that this is not necessary because Qt 4.4
will have an SVG viewer, namely the one from webkit. So if KDE will use the
SVG viewer from webkit, it will probably also use the webkit html engine.
Obviously Maksim isn't too happy about this way of informing him that khtml
will be dead once KDE requires Qt 4.4.

Alex