Moving Svgpart to kdegraphics

Jos Poortvliet jospoortvliet at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 20:49:57 GMT 2007

On Nov 25, 2007 9:29 PM, Maksim Orlovich <mo85 at cornell.edu> wrote:

> > I must say even though you could read what Thomas said as a bit
> > 'agressive' I don't think it really classified as FUD.
>
> It is FUD. He is spreading disinformation on direction of project he is
> not involved with, and directly discouraging KDE contributors from
> improving KDE. I can tell you right now that similar acctions by other
> people have discouraged key contributors in a way that had put the quality
> of KDE4 release in serious jeopardy.

He very obviously thought there was work being duplicated - and he
acted responsibly by mentioning the other project doing this. Now he
didn't know Aurelien was aware of that (and afaik Aurelien was), and
just wanted to create a quick solution for KDE 4.0 - you might say he
should have done his homework better, but he was not trying to
discourage someone from doing something good - he tried to prevent
unnecesairy work. If someone decided to write a html engine for KDE,
what would you say? If you have reasons to believe he/she might be
unaware there is an KDE HTML engine, you would start by telling about
that, right? Imho that's the right thing to do.