My Computer

Will Stephenson wstephenson at kde.org
Sun Nov 25 17:08:08 GMT 2007

On Sunday 25 November 2007 16:05:03 Stephan Kulow wrote:
> I suggest you do usability tests with these and figure if they
> get equally good results we got when testing with My Computer

Note also that Kickoff has changed to using the same Places model shared with
dolphin and the file dialog, instead of the KDE 3 Kickoff's
		Applications
Administrator Settings
Install Software
System Information
		System Folders
Home Folder
My Documents
Network Folders
		Media
(Fixed and removable media with free space)

While I think it's neat to show places there, I miss the high level access to
system config (another thread in a galaxy far far away suggests putting YaST
modules in systemsettings, but that's beside the point, and I particularly
miss being able to see there what the free space in /home was.

Will

--
Will Stephenson
IRC: Bille