Showstoppers, was: Re: Fwd: Re: Release Mode

Matthias Kretz kretz at kde.org
Fri Nov 23 17:38:27 GMT 2007

On Friday 23 November 2007, Sebastian Kuegler wrote:
> - Phonon, short oggs with libxine (1) (mkretz)
>
> (1) A hideous ugly workaround is to use wav files for systemsounds, but
> that   doesn't make listening to your ogg colletion any more fun.

Bad news. I believe the wav support in xinelib is as bad as the ogg support.
But for ogg at least I have a 90% working patch. I'm now going to try and
integrate the patch into what should become xinelib 1.1.9.

But I've tested mp3s. They work perfectly. So it's not a xine framework
problem. Just bad support for free formats. :'(

http://Vir.homelinux.org/
Matthias.Kretz at urz.uni-heidelberg.de