KGlobalSettings and eyecandy on open/save dialogs

Hans Meine hans_meine at gmx.net
Thu Nov 22 14:16:18 GMT 2007

Am Donnerstag, 22. November 2007 14:51:52 schrieb Rafael Fernández López:
> Someone suggested users should be able to disable absolutely all the
> animations on the sytem (on Dolphin for example we have lots of small
> animations, as well as on KDirOperator & more). I know some of you won't
> agree because of what I learnt from Aaron and his talks: "stuff just
> doesn't resize or (dis)appear", but I consider this a major topic:
> performance.

In fact, this has been suggested before, in the context of remote X11
forwarding.  IIRC, someone suggested to implement an autodetection of X11
forwarding, which should disable as many animations etc. (X11 roundtrips) as
possible.

OTOH, this is no showstopper for 4.0.  (Yet very important for a polished KDE4
series IMNSHO.)

Ciao, /  /
     /--/
    /  / ANS