KDatePicker improvements

David Jarvie djarvie at kde.org
Thu Nov 22 12:59:41 GMT 2007

On Thursday 22 November 2007 10:37, Hans Meine wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 22. November 2007 11:05:53 schrieb Jakob Petsovits:
>> Screenshots:
>> Current:
>> http://jakob.petsovits.at/files-jakob/image/kdatepicker-current.png
>> Modified:
>> http://jakob.petsovits.at/files-jakob/image/kdatepicker-new.png
>
> You gave good reasons for your changes, but... the old one looks better
> IMHO. :-)  Did you try putting "<- November -> <- 2007 ->" into the first
> line?  It makes for a very nice caption, and before your changes, the UI
> was
> more subtle, better presenting the data IMO.

I agree that the old presentation of the arrows looks better. Even if it
may take a moment the first time or two for a new user to work out the
function of the double arrows, it will quickly become obvious, after which
the old layout really seems more functional, since it's simpler. I do see
the point of moving the week number selector to the top, though - although
that might not be so easy if the old arrow arrangement is retained.

--
David Jarvie.
KAlarm author & maintainer.