KDatePicker improvements

Sebastian Kuegler sebas at kde.org
Thu Nov 22 12:16:04 GMT 2007

On Thursday 22 November 2007 11:05:53 Jakob Petsovits wrote:
> originally, I just wanted to get rid of the arrow-{left,right}[-double]
> icons in KDatePicker, but as it's hard to take stuff away from something
> that's already good, I could not only remove icons but needed to provide a
> replacement that works better than the current solution.
>
> So, the following KDatePicker improvements are the result of a bunch of
> UI peer reviews on the usability list, and should thus hopefully make for a
> better user experience.

Those bugfixes should go in indeed.

I personally think putting the arrows next to the corresponding item (month,
year) makes the dialogue much better. Now that I see the difference, I'm
reminded that I often have to think for that action. And I'd rather do
thinking work when it's about choosing food, or something. I would *like* to
see that getting in, but I'd also understand if people object and want it to
be held back until trunk/ opens for features again. It does change the
behaviour, although I fail to see the downsides. (Not taking translations
into account here.)
--
sebas