KDatePicker improvements

Hans Meine hans_meine at gmx.net
Thu Nov 22 10:37:53 GMT 2007

Am Donnerstag, 22. November 2007 11:05:53 schrieb Jakob Petsovits:
> Screenshots:
> Current:
> http://jakob.petsovits.at/files-jakob/image/kdatepicker-current.png
> Modified: http://jakob.petsovits.at/files-jakob/image/kdatepicker-new.png

You gave good reasons for your changes, but... the old one looks better
IMHO. :-)  Did you try putting "<- November -> <- 2007 ->" into the first
line?  It makes for a very nice caption, and before your changes, the UI was
more subtle, better presenting the data IMO.

Also, the calendar became quite narrow.
(Did you notice that "Wed" looks cropped at the left?)

> After the
> treatment, it not only works now but even remembers the current day of
> week, which it did not ever do before.
Nice.

> * Embed the year line edit into the date picker instead of putting it into
> a popup. It's much more natural now, you can edit the years directly in
> place.
Still after a click, right?  Nice, too.

I don't see problems technically, but I am not the one to judge.

Ciao, /  /
     /--/
    /  / ANS