kwin default window button order.

Simon Edwards simon at simonzone.com
Thu Nov 22 07:47:39 GMT 2007

Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> it's a matter of categorization and positioning, with the aim to make it
> easier for people to sort it out. there's also the Fitt's Law issue with
> having maximize in the top left, though few seem to care about that (granted,
> it mostly benefits people using maximized windows)

Fitt's law doesn't apply in this (special) case. If you need the
maximise button then the window is not maximised and chances are the
maximise button is _not_ positioned in the top left corner of the
screen. Which means that the target area of the maximise button is just
the button itself, and not the screen edges.

> i know that there are people who are very used to all the buttons being on the
> right and don't like it any other way. i'm just not sure that's a good enough
> reason to submit everyone else to that as a default.

Changing the buttons around like this is murder for those of us that
work in mixed environments daily. (I've tried this a few years back).
Any benefit of the new configuration is outweighed by disadvantage that
it is so nonstandard.

cheers,

--
Simon Edwards             | KDE-NL, Guidance tools, Guarddog Firewall
simon at simonzone.com       | http://www.simonzone.com/software/