kdesu default super-user-command

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Wed Nov 21 22:58:06 GMT 2007

Hi,

sorry for starting yet another kdesu thread. I had list delivery disable to
avoid cognitive overload. Re-enabled it now.

In KDE3, revision 571012 changes the default super-user-command to "su", back
from "sudo" (added less than 24 hours before that). Revision 592501 makes the
default a build-time configuration option. Neither seems to have been
forward-ported to KDE 4 (where the default is hard-coded as "sudo"). I could
not find anything about this on the mailing lists. So: Is this a deliberate
decision or an oversight?

Regards
Thomas