TT vs. the community (Re: Using StyleSheets is bad WAS Re: Konqueror lineedit Bug)

Jos Poortvliet jospoortvliet at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 17:41:34 GMT 2007

Usually I wouldn't respond on developer stuff, but I think this
warrants a response. If you go and read Aaron's response properly, you
see he makes an important point. A good relation with TT is incredibly
important, and they ARE working on making it better. Sure you can say
you where talking about facts, but I can't read your first mail in any
other way than just plain ranting. Which is incredibly
contra-productive.

KDE 4 is gonna be great - 4.0 won't be perfect. So TT is going to work
great with us. It's not perfect yet.

I respond because I had a talk at aKademy with TT's community manager,
and even though I can be rather naive, I can't come to any other
conclusion than that TT really wants to work closer with us. As Aaron
made clear, the current not-too-perfect situation is partly due to TT
being afraid of the community - they had some bad experiences. Think
about the whole reason Gnome exists... We should be nicer - they're
providing an enormously beneficial service to us all. Sure, pushing to
improve the working relationship is OK, but do it in a slightly more
positive way, please. Or it'll backfire on us.