TT vs. the community (Re: Using StyleSheets is bad WAS Re: Konqueror lineedit Bug)

Oswald Buddenhagen ossi at kde.org
Wed Nov 21 00:04:57 GMT 2007

On Tue, Nov 20, 2007 at 04:45:39PM -0700, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> has TT earned this situation? i think they have. can it be fixed? i
> think it can be. but it's harder (than it already is) when the
> community isn't at least willing to engage in a better way of doing
> things.

to make a long story short ...
what you are telling about the current efforts to open up is great. that
we got to know about this only after a direct attack of the current
situation is ... ironic. from a purely pragmatic pov: yeah, nice, things
*will* be great, but they do suck *now* (even if 66% less then before
;). and given the frustration qt-bugs has given many of us over the
years you can hardly expect us to just stfu. no, we certainly don't hate
you trolls. but working with you isn't simple for a dynamic, open
project. let's hope for a better future - we are prepared. sort of. :)