"undo closed tab" feature for konqueror

Thomas Braxton kde.braxton at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 08:12:37 GMT 2007

On 11/18/07, Eduardo Robles Elvira <edulix at gmail.com> wrote:
> I must say...
>
> Hello to the list! First post =) I'm Eduardo Robles Elvira aka Edulix, and I
> thought that it would be a great idea to enter here in this discussion and
> hence in this list. I'm a student of Computer Science in Seville (Spain).
>
> Well, enought about me, now about the patch:
>
> * When you closed a tab and you want to retrieve it... you will be able to do
> it! In many ways: Go -> Closed Tabs, Ctrl-Z (like in Opera), and in an
> (optional) toolbar button.
>
> * You can clean the list of Closed Tabs if you want (Go > Closed Tabs > Clean
> Closed Tabs History or the same in the toolbar action)
>
> * If any bug appears, I'll hunt it. I think the feature is quite stable
>
> * It handles closed tabs, including each view you had in the closed tab [1].
>
> * This patch also improves the handling of saveConfig and loadItem for
> konqueror views, so saveConfig also saves each view's history, and yes, also
> what you had typed in the closed view, but what you had typed is not being
> loaded by loadItem at the moment. [2]
>
> That will be easy to fix, so don't worry. I will get it working very soon. And
> even if it doesn't get fixed (unlikely), this shouldn't deter you from
> accepting the patch because it's not really a big issue..
>
> Of course in following kde4 version this feature will get even better (like..
> close a window? undo that too), but it's already working very well and I
> think that users will love it for KDE 4 - and me too.
>
> > just one question, wouldn't using a KConfigGroup subgroup instead of
> > passing in a prefix and prefixing every entry be easier? or does it
> > need to stay the way it is for compatibility?
>
> Can you please give me an example of code and the resulting configuration
> file? Hoenstly I didn't know anything about subgrouping. Does this means it
> you create this way a hierarchy of groups, like.. [group1],
> [group1/subgroup1], [group1/subgroup1/subsubgroup1] ?

exactly:) to create a sub group just call group("subgroup name") from
an existing group like so:

KConfigGroup group1 = configFile.group("group1"); // creates [group1]
KConfigGroup subgroup1 = group1.group("subgroup1"); // creates
[group1/subgroup1]
KConfigGroup subsubgroup1 = subgroup1.group("subsubgroup1"); //
creates [group1/subgroup1/subsubgroup1]