Using StyleSheets is bad WAS Re: Konqueror lineedit Bug

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Nov 20 00:13:44 GMT 2007

On Monday 19 November 2007, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> So here is a real solution based on Fredrik suggestion.
>
> Comments?

hm ... so instead of getting CSS issues addressed up stream (Girish has been
*very* responsive) and/or fixing things with 10 line patches, we're going to
end up writing custom proxy styles for everything we want to do? i understand
that probably feels much more hard core and therefore makes one feel good ..
but, it seems to me that addressing these issues upstream or patching things
properly seems a lot more ... sane.

maybe that's just me though.

> P.S: KdeUiProxySyle is the same as KonqProxyStyle, a candidate for KDE 4.1
> inclusion? His code is GPLv2+ in KonqProxyStyle but as it is really trivial
> i don't think he might have a problem relicensing.

should be KdeUiProxyS*t*yle, right? =)

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se