"undo closed tab" feature for konqueror

Hans Meine hans_meine at gmx.net
Mon Nov 19 12:34:08 GMT 2007

Am Montag, 19. November 2007 12:03:52 schrieb Kurt Pfeifle:
> Dmitry Suzdalev wrote:
> > On 18/11/2007, Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer at gmx.at> wrote:
> >> Unless I am mistaken it means that if you close a tab, you can undo the
> >> closing, i.e. restore the tab.
> >
> > Hmm, so it is basically the same as "Close Tab"->"Create new
> > tab"->"Type the address visited earlier<ENTER>", only with latter two
> > replaced by undo operation?
>
> The stage ->"Type the address visited earlier<ENTER>" may be impossible
> for you to do, because you may not remember that address (or it may
> have been the result of a series of links being followed.
>
> This feature seems to be a clone of a feature that I've seen in Firefox
> (not sure if it is there by default, or via a FF extension/add-on).

Actually, this reminds me of the google techtalk by Aza Raskin recently posted
on k-c-d ("Death Of Applications" IIRC): What inspired me was the statement
that the stupid "do you really want to X?" messages (which we all know do not
work very well - habits etc.) are only necessary because of missing undo.
If you had undo for *every* action, the user could just do what he/she wants
without such annoying questions, and without feeling regret ever.

Thus, the proposed feature is obviously a good one, although it would be even
better if it would be possible to re-open any closed window, shell etc. (of
course, that's technically impossible nowadays).

Ciao, /  /
     /--/
    /  / ANS