"undo closed tab" feature for konqueror

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Sun Nov 18 17:40:09 GMT 2007

Hi David,

On Sunday 18 November 2007 15:42:09 David Faure wrote:
> Can I request an exception to the feature and message freeze?
> Eduardo Robles Elvira has been working on the long-awaited "undo closed
> tab" feature for konqueror, and reworking it a number of times based on
> my feedback. Now it's finally ready, but we're past the freeze
> unfortunately.

How feature complete is it?  Or, more specifically, do you expect that it
needs more work (stabilization, known missing stuff) after its
integrated?

As features go, this sounds like a nice one, but also one that I can
imagine having a lot of side effects only becoming visible after lots of
people start using it.

The point of a feature freeze is to give people time to find and fix those
bugs. So if you are certain only minimal bugs will be found, that can be
fixed in under a week or two, then I'd personally have no objectsions to
making an exception.  One great way to find this out if the new code is
well unit tested.

I'm the last person to tell you how to do this kind of integration, I'm
sure that you will do the right thing.
I just wanted to put these issues forward as they are pretty important,
and I head a lot of people speak out doubts of KDE4 getting ready in
time, so our general rules of cautiousness make even more sense now then
normally.
--
Thomas Zander