[RFC] Does KConfig really need DontMergeOnSync?

Oswald Buddenhagen ossi at kde.org
Mon Nov 19 11:01:33 GMT 2007

On Mon, Nov 19, 2007 at 11:43:46AM +0100, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> Am Montag 19 November 2007 schrieb Oswald Buddenhagen:
> > On Mon, Nov 19, 2007 at 10:35:45AM +0100, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> > > I suggest you declare it obsolete and unsupported in the API docu
> > > and remove the code supporting it in 4.1

btw, i fail to see any benefit in your proposed solution over a clear
cut. in fact, i find it gross.

> > isn't this "a bit" overengineered for a function that has *no* users
> > in our svn?
>
> So you say it doesn't matter?

i have to wonder from what you inferred this ...

> Then the only argument to throw in on either side is that we're API
> frozen.

i'm saying it hurts to have it and it does not hurt not to have it. how
exactly is this no argument?

> And as a matter of fact, our svn is not the end of the world.

yes. and you know what? i take the bet that *nobody* is using it. as far
a indexed repositories go, google confirms this view.