Release Mode

Richard Dale rdale at foton.es
Sat Nov 17 15:48:36 GMT 2007

On Saturday 17 November 2007 14:41:54 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 17.11.07 14:22:14, John Tapsell wrote:
> > Martin,
> >   Heh, I like the nice clean look :)  Each to their own I guess.
>
> So you like having nearly-invisible splitter handles? Have you looked at
> the screenshot? I like the overall look of oxygen as well, but issues
> such as the one Martin points out make oxygen still a beta-quality style
> and not something that should be delivered as default style in a few
> weeks - IMHO of course :)
I don't think it is finished. Recently, when I converted a ruby example app
which demonstrated the various KDE widgets I had trouble deciding whether the
layout problems were because of the ruby code or the Oxygen style.

The splitter handles are very subtle or invisible, and yet the active thing is
outlined in red. To me, this combination of the subtle and unsubtle doesn't
gel yet.

-- Richard