[kde-artists] Default font size in toolbars

Leo Savernik l.savernik at aon.at
Thu Nov 15 17:49:10 GMT 2007

Am Donnerstag, 15. November 2007 schrieb Jakob Petsovits:
> On Thursday, 15. November 2007, Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> > I've played around a bit with the fontsizes we're currently defaulting
> > to. I've set the toolbar font smaller, to 8 (which is also the size of
> > smallestReadableFont). This way, it saves a bit of screen real estate, it
> > looks snazzy and it still gives me that warm fuzzy feeling I get when I
> > don't have to think about what those beautiful icons mean.

Yay! The current status has disturbed me already. In screen shots showing
four-letter-word languages, 8pt vs. 10pt doesn't matter so far as the icon is
mostly larger than the text.

But in more elaborate languages like German where "Undo" is "Rückgängig" and
"Redo" is "Wiederherstellen", you'll save tremendous amounts of horizontal
screen real estate.

[...]
> So, +1 from me.

+1, me too.