KDE/kdebase/workspace/kwin/effects

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Wed Nov 14 17:05:40 GMT 2007

On Wednesday 14 of November 2007, Kenneth Wimer wrote:
> On Wednesday 14 November 2007 17:30:12 Luboš Luňák wrote:
> > SVN commit 736725 by lunakl:
> >
> > Ok, the splash needs to cover the entire screen, no hacks in the effect
> > trying to hide other windows. Fullscreen splash is a good idea anyway,
> > it'll hide all the setting up of kdesktop+kicker ... er .. plasma.
> >
> > Speaking of which, are there any plans concerning the splash,
> > or are we sticking with the Akademy photo for 4.0?
>
> As we will be using a new wallpaper very soon I would expect that the
> splash screen needs to change as well. Can you point me to the pics and/or
> config files we need to tweak to test a new version?

 In kdebase/workspace/ksplash/, see README, ksplashx/README and
ksplashx/themes/. The current and only theme there is modelled to match the
KDE3 ksplash theme (which I guess means it should be kept at least as a
template), but as said above, I'd suggest not using it and instead going with
a fullscreen splash. I can write the description.txt file for it if needed.
Also, make sure to read the current limitations in ksplashx/README before
starting to devise the unleashing of your art :).

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer
SUSE LINUX, s.r.o.   e-mail: l.lunak at suse.cz , l.lunak at kde.org
Lihovarska 1060/12   tel: +420 284 028 972
190 00 Prague 9      fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic       http//www.suse.cz