designer making our translators work even more difficult

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sun Nov 11 21:17:44 GMT 2007

On Sunday 11 November 2007, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> As far as "short term" solution goes: I guess our own option is to
> provide a script to replace whatsthis and/or tooltip for a list of
> widget names with the plaintext version of the current content.
> Shouldn't be too hard with perl or ruby. Then you don't have to use that
> tiny edit field in the property editor to fix this...

Or we can add the logic into fixuifiles: if there is only one paragraph and all the
css+html tags look like the default ones (no actual richtext in there) then strip
them out and leave only the plain text. This way the workflow hasn't changed:
use designer, run fixuifiles, commit; plus a regular run of fixuifiles over all *.ui files
(does scripty do this? I forgot).

But yeah a Qt designer fix would be much better. Albert: please mail qt-bugs;
there is no reason for designer to turn plain text into rich text...