designer making our translators work even more difficult

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun Nov 11 20:09:59 GMT 2007

On 11.11.07 20:40:04, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> Hi, since some time, designer is making all "tooltip" and "what's this" be
> richtext by default, that makes our translators work quite hard, because i
> use the dialog to input the following tooltip "My Tooltip", that gets
> converted into

> li { white-space: pre-wrap; }\n</style></head><body style=" font-family:'Sans
> Serif'; font-size:9pt; font-weight:400; font-style:normal;">\n<p style="
> margin-top:0px; margin-bottom:0px; margin-left:0px;
> margin-right:0px; -qt-block-indent:0; text-indent:0px;">My
>
> and as you can see that's quite hard and error prone to translate. Is there
> any way to make designer not create richtext tooltips by default?

No, there's no way to do that, except by requesting a change from TT.

> Or should we simply create a krazy check and modify by hand (using the
> property editor) all the tooltips to the "normal" way?
>
> Any idea to simplify our translators work?

My initial reaction would be: Feature wish mail to TT to add a
"non-richt-text" option to the dialog. After all the only sane way to
type tooltips/whatsthis that are longer than 1 line is via the dialog.

Looking at the code, this is even a bug in designer. It does allow to
use plain text as input and uses the right QTextEdit method for that,
but it always returns richtext. Thats not correct IMHO.

The dialog should probably have a checkbox or something.

As far as "short term" solution goes: I guess our own option is to
provide a script to replace whatsthis and/or tooltip for a list of
widget names with the plaintext version of the current content.
Shouldn't be too hard with perl or ruby. Then you don't have to use that
tiny edit field in the property editor to fix this...

Andreas

--
"Life, loathe it or ignore it, you can't like it."
		-- Marvin, "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"