designer making our translators work even more difficult

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sun Nov 11 19:40:04 GMT 2007

Hi, since some time, designer is making all "tooltip" and "what's this" be
richtext by default, that makes our translators work quite hard, because i
use the dialog to input the following tooltip "My Tooltip", that gets
converted into

li { white-space: pre-wrap; }\n</style></head><body style=" font-family:'Sans
Serif'; font-size:9pt; font-weight:400; font-style:normal;">\n<p style="
margin-top:0px; margin-bottom:0px; margin-left:0px;
margin-right:0px; -qt-block-indent:0; text-indent:0px;">My

and as you can see that's quite hard and error prone to translate. Is there
any way to make designer not create richtext tooltips by default? Or should
we simply create a krazy check and modify by hand (using the property editor)
all the tooltips to the "normal" way?

Any idea to simplify our translators work?

Albert