WITH_PREFIX for kdemodules?

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Thu Nov 8 15:09:45 GMT 2007

On Wednesday 07 November 2007 15:42:28 Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Monday 05 November 2007, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > On Monday 05 November 2007, you wrote:
> > > And I agree. We shouldn't be linking to plugins.
> >
> > So, does anybody else still have objections against removing "WITH_PREFIX"
> > ?
>
> So, conclusion: I'll remove the "WITH_PREFIX" option and no plugins will have
> the "lib" prefix anymore, I'll commit next monday.

This coming Monday is a bad time.  We are trying to tag a Development Platform.
I think this will cause a lot of breakage in the apps, which will cause extra
frustration and delays we don't need at this time.

But.. I think I like option [1] better now anyway.  Better to strongly suggest
that people remove the "lib" prefix unless necessary.

[1] leave it as it is and keep the "WITH_PREFIX" option, so some plugins have
the "lib" prefix and others don't