[patch] Grab windows anywhere, not just titlebar

Maksim Orlovich mo85 at cornell.edu
Wed Nov 7 22:03:09 GMT 2007

> erm, the issue was not "does it need a window border" the issue was "i
> want to
> be able to move it easily". the former is a possible solution, but the
> latter
> was the problem.

Except having a window border means you have a standard interface
for moving the window, which all the applications share. That one can
click in the middle and drag the window is not something I would expect,
since other apps do not work this way.

Of course, it's more than just moving. For example I can shade the KDE3
minicli if I need to double-check something. I can resize it in the
standard way, if I feel it's too short or too long. By using non-standard
UI you're taking away all those conventions, and frankly I don't see any
benefits except for a subjective improvement in appearance. And if one is
using this for 3 seconds, why does appearance matter much?

-Maks