[patch] Grab windows anywhere, not just titlebar

Jens Herden jens at kdewebdev.org
Wed Nov 7 21:19:25 GMT 2007

Hi,

> Unfortunately it doesn't work when you grab:
> - the space on the right of menubars
> - a groupbox
> - a widgetstack
> - the space on the right of breadcrumb bars
> - etc.

so from the user perspective it's a kind of lottery if it works or not!
Sounds bad to me. You don't want to explain to the user "sorry, here you have
a widget stack and you can not click here to move the window." The correct

> Inherent disadvantages:
> - introduces inconsistency with non-kde apps
> - anything else?

Even more reasons for me not to introduce this feature.

I don't like this kind of inconsistency at all and from my POV it is enough to
have Alt+click

Jens