helper class to use ARGB visual

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Mon Nov 5 15:46:09 GMT 2007

On Sunday 04 of November 2007, Matthias Kretz wrote:
> On Friday 02 November 2007, Richard Moore wrote:
> > On 11/2/07, Matthias Kretz <kretz at kde.org> wrote:
> > > attached you find a class as KApplication replacement that will make
> > > the app use an ARGB visual if available.
> >
> > Does this break things that use QPixmap::grabWidget() like Zack's
> > qt-copy patch did?
>
> It should exhibit the exact same problems as Zack's qt-copy patch did, yes.
> Still, as long as we can list all those problems the class can be useful
> for some applications.

 It would be nice if somebody from TT could comment on their plans for
supporting the ARGB visual. As far as I can see there's QWidget::x11Info()
which has things like QX11Info::depth(), QX11Info::visual() and so on, so I
really don't see why people should try hacks with a non-standard QApplication
ctor when one could presumably turn ARGB support only for widgets where
needed.

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer
SUSE LINUX, s.r.o.   e-mail: l.lunak at suse.cz , l.lunak at kde.org
Lihovarska 1060/12   tel: +420 284 028 972
190 00 Prague 9      fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic       http//www.suse.cz