libkdeprint

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sat Nov 3 19:09:33 GMT 2007

On 03.11.07 19:24:35, Kurt Pfeifle wrote:
> John Layt wrote:
> > If we had to build a cupsdoprint in every one of those apps, each
> > of them would pick up a compile-time dependency on CUPS, and we would have to
> > give cupsdoprint a different name for each to avoid install clashes.
>
> Hmm, I don't get this.
>
> Why can't they use all the same generic "kdedoprint" (which tries CUPS
> first, and falls back to BSD if CUPS is not here)?

Well, I suspect the kde-core-developers wouldn't be too happy with a
completely new app in kdebase/runtime and kdelibs is already closed
since some time for such additions. So there's simply no place to put it
and those apps could depend on...

Andreas

--
If you think last Tuesday was a drag, wait till you see what happens tomorrow!