Status of konqueror / dolphin as file manager

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Nov 1 19:31:12 GMT 2007

On Thursday 01 November 2007, Martin Koller wrote:
> On Wednesday 31 October 2007, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > i've had my konqueror toolbars just the way i want them for years.
>
> And I have to adapt my kmail toolbar again and again nearly at every KDE
> minor update.

"let's fix the toolbar merging in xmlgui" is the real message we should be
focussing on.

making dolphin's UI worse to work around a bug one sees mostly in other apps
and which is the result of another bug in code that we maintain and thus
could (and should) fix in some way seems ... daft.

i take that back, it doesn't seem daft. if would be daft. working around one
bug by introducing another problem is rediculous.

this is kde-core-devel not kde-users-trying-to-stuff-things-together, right?
=)

so let's do the right thing for dolphin's toolbars and get around to fixing
xmlgui at some point. making it more of a pain point actually increases the
odds it'll get fixed.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se