Documentation issues for KDE 4

Krzysztof Lichota krzysiek at lichota.net
Thu May 31 23:23:47 BST 2007

Philip Rodrigues napisaƂ(a):
> Krzysztof Lichota wrote:
>> Opening help:/application-name works just fine in Konqueror.
>
> This would roughly be the idea, I think. I guess the advantage of a "quick
> mode" of khelpcenter would be that you could expand into a full view, with
> the other features of khelpcenter available. I haven't thought about this
> much though, so I'll leave it to others to expand.

I thought about adding Konqueror profile for viewing documentation - you
got all the features of viewer for free, you got sidebar where you can
put index view, you got history, you got browsing in tabs, you got
opening external pages inside, etc.
No need to reinvent the wheel.

On the other hand, profiles do not work well with preloading, so it
would have to be solved.

And my personal wish for help browsing - allow to browse pages in all
languages (provided that proper language documentation package is
installed, of course).

	Krzysztof Lichota