changing KGraphicsUtils?

David Jarvie lists at astrojar.org.uk
Thu May 31 11:52:53 BST 2007

On Thursday 31 May 2007 8:30, Thomas Zander wrote:
> As I suggested elsewhere the haste seems unneeded and unwanted as we need
> to be using this code and not talking on mailinglists for another week,
> painting the next bikeshed a semi-transparant color.
>
> So, I would really like it if we made sure we got some use cases and then
> we can see if things like having an alpha in the blended color is needed,
> wheather RGB blending is good enough and what method signature is best so
> we don't end up with 2 methods if we can do with one good one.

I have no direct interest in colour blending etc., but I've been following
these threads for some days and feel concern about the way things have
been handled. I must say that Matthew's current proposals seem to me to
have wider support than the code which was committed on Monday, so if
there is an objection to having two alternatives in the code, the obvious
solution is to replace the recent commit by what's being proposed now.

--
David Jarvie.
KAlarm author & maintainer.