What to do about KColor?

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Wed May 30 00:40:01 BST 2007

Germain Garand wrote:
> (as for my clame to expertise, it is restricted to coming up with
> khtml::hasSufficientContrast's algorithm using hsv, which was a pain and
> would very likely work better in HSL)

/me gags
This is supposed to be in kdelibs, and if the usability stuff happens,
it will be. Please pipe up when/if I start asking for comments (i.e.
"who needs what?") on that :-). (And yes, functions like this really,
really, really should use... well, HSY. Although in this case qGray*
should suffice, but the usability stuff needs to generate colors; that's
trivial in HSL/HSY and a PITA to do in HSV.)

(* qGray is a little odd because the coefficients it uses do not reflect
either of the REC standards I am familiar with, namely 601 and 709, but
since the Y coefficients are a function of the display device anyway, I
don't presume that this means anything other than Qt had some reason I
am not familiar with for choosing the coefficients that they did.)

--
Matthew
"A mouse is a device used to point at the xterm you want to type in."