What to do about KColor?

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon May 28 19:00:40 BST 2007

On Monday 28 May 2007, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> On Mon, May 28, 2007 at 01:31:54PM +0200, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> > To be honest, I'm quite disappointed about the outcome of this
> > discussion. I would have prefered Matthew's last proposal over Zack's
> > awkward (using a 1 pixel QImage and QPainter just to blend two colors?
> > Hello?) and inferior workaround. Now everybody who wants better color
> > blending/lightening/darkening will have to copy Matthew's code. *sigh*
>
> ACK

when you guys have real use cases in kdelibs showing how these blends are
being used which also show the problems you are hinting at, then let's come
back to this issue.

there's a number of assumptions being made in this reawakened thread that
simply aren't backed up by any actual code.

so let's end this thread here, get some blend use cases actually coded and
move on to more important things for the time being. for now, this bikeshed
is painted; EOT.

thank you.

--
Aaron J. Seigo