QProcess vs K3Process

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon May 28 16:53:24 BST 2007

On 28.05.07 17:10:41, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> On Mon, May 28, 2007 at 04:19:43PM +0200, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > On 28.05.07 14:26:41, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> > we could avoid the 2 portings (now to QProcess and then to KProcess).
> >
> this would be only necessary if we say QProcess should not be used.
>
> > > dunno. i could commit a basic KProcess today.
> >
> > OTOH Matt wants a port to QProcess rather sooner than later, so I guess
> > I'll do the port.
> >
> see my offer. ;)
>
> > > - qproc does not allow setting individual env vars, only the entire
> > >   environment. pretty inconvenient, if you ask me. can be easily
> > >   implemented in kproc.
> >
> > Yes, thats something I'd like to have again.
>
> > Would this then also replace variable values, i.e. if I have
> > FOO=/somehwere in the environments and later on PATH=$FOO/bin:...
> > would the process see this properly expanded?
> >
> uh, parameter expansion is a different matter. i think it would be
> better implemented in KShell (this is on the todo forever). but this is
> more for user-supplied stuff; using parameter expansion in c++ code is
> like using setUseShell() for a simple redirection. ;)

KShell doesn't exist in KDE4, as far as I can see (or is that what you
meant). Yes this is for user-supplied variables which will be used much
in KDevelop (starting app in different environment, having vars set for
debugging....). I can do that without any problem inside KDevelop4.

Andreas

--
A day for firm decisions!!!!!  Or is it?