QProcess vs K3Process

Oswald Buddenhagen ossi at kde.org
Mon May 28 16:10:41 BST 2007

On Mon, May 28, 2007 at 04:19:43PM +0200, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 28.05.07 14:26:41, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> we could avoid the 2 portings (now to QProcess and then to KProcess).

this would be only necessary if we say QProcess should not be used.

> > dunno. i could commit a basic KProcess today.
>
> OTOH Matt wants a port to QProcess rather sooner than later, so I guess
> I'll do the port.

see my offer. ;)

> > - qproc does not allow setting individual env vars, only the entire
> >   environment. pretty inconvenient, if you ask me. can be easily
> >   implemented in kproc.
>
> Yes, thats something I'd like to have again.

> Would this then also replace variable values, i.e. if I have
> FOO=/somehwere in the environments and later on PATH=$FOO/bin:...
> would the process see this properly expanded?

uh, parameter expansion is a different matter. i think it would be
better implemented in KShell (this is on the todo forever). but this is
more for user-supplied stuff; using parameter expansion in c++ code is
like using setUseShell() for a simple redirection. ;)