What to do about KColor?

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Mon May 28 01:36:37 BST 2007

Andreas Pakulat wrote:
>b) everybody who wants to blend two colors now has to do 3 lines of code
>(as Matthew showed) instead of just one.

Non-issue.

More lines is better if it makes code more readable.

You may even not agree with that statement. But you cannot ignore the fact
that it is the driving force behind Qt 4 and KDE 4.

http://doc.trolltech.com/qq/qq13-apis.html#theconveniencetrap

(I am not judging the API. I have no idea if setAlpha is readable or not)
    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358