Usages of ::writeConfig() static method

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu May 24 02:02:33 BST 2007

On 24.05.07 00:17:08, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 23.05.07 23:53:49, David Faure wrote:
> > On Wednesday 23 May 2007, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > > I'll provide a patch by tomorrow,
> > > to be applied on monday, for review. Thanks for the help.
> > > Uhm, do I need to convert playground as well?
> > Bah. It's nicer if you do, but it's ok if you don't do it, IMHO.
>
> Hmm, actually you're right and that would also help me with my hdd space
> because I can do one module at a time and rm -rf when I'm done. So I
> guess unless I find weird things I'm going to commit the changes right
> away (after the compile cycle of course).
>
> > But from that question I assume you plan to port all the uses that my grep found?
> > That would be good.
>
> Yes, of course. You know I'm the one who needs the virtuals so IMHO its
> also my job to make sure the change to virtual doesn't break anything...

Done :) Except the stuff from extragear that David had, the reason being
simply that none of the extragear modules looks compilable, most of them
miss a CMakeLists.txt in the main module (i.e. multimedia, office, utils
and so on) and thus I didn't know how to build them (easily). I didn't
want to blindly convert as I hit one special case already in kdeutils
and one in kdepim (IIRC), which needed manual treatment (used a
simple sed-script for the rest).

Having said that, we may still find breakages on fresh builds (i.e. with
kconfig_compiler generated code re-generated) after next monday. I found
one occasion where writeConfig was used in a subclass of the generated
class inside a static method. But I guess dashbot will find those.

So from my side this is all for now. As I said initially I'll provide a
patch for kconfig_compiler and kconfigskeleton tomorrow for review. It
will fix a few things that Laurent seemed to have forgotten in his
revert-change and of course have the virtuality for write/readConfig and
use/setDefaults.

Andreas

--
You will gain money by an immoral action.