KDE Cryptography Module

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu May 24 01:14:36 BST 2007

On Wednesday 23 May 2007, Alon Bar-Lev wrote:
> I also regret that my English skill are not to great, which not making
> it easier for us to communicate correctly.

your english seems to be great =)

> Aaron approach of "Show me the code" offer may be seemed great at
> first glance, but I must say that this is the worse cooperation I
> expected to have.
>
> A better cooperation would have, no... we don't wish to add his
> feature, we go side by side with Qt features. I would have accepted
> this approach gladly.

so .. better cooperation would be to not cooperate at all? we have all been
saying, "please, let's get to coding and writing patches." cooperation means,
quite literally, "operating together" not "do what one person wants".

the only request i see from the KDE side (besides keeping things civil) is
that the maintainers of crypto systems in KDE are not comfortable with making
a firm commitment to QCA at this point in time until there is actually some
code to look at and start testing.

this seems ultimately reasonable to me. because without code, what is there to
talk about?

if you have implementation questions, people will happily answer them. i
haven't seen any of those yet, however. all i have seen is an argument about
why KDE should commit wholesale to QCA before anyone writes any code.

Alon, am i making any sense here?

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se