KDE and smartcard support

Oswald Buddenhagen ossi at kde.org
Wed May 23 18:25:41 BST 2007

On Wed, May 23, 2007 at 10:09:43AM -0600, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> let's try and not confuse the issue further, please, Oswald... i'm not
> saying "let's only look at one type of hardware" i'm saying "let's
> concentrate on the issue of hardware based auth and not get lost
> discussing every usage of crypto and authentication in KDE".

that's still too narrow-minded. who would want two high-level systems
that do exactly the same, just with different hardware (yes, the cpu is
hardware, too)?
concentrating on just one usage (auth) isn't wise, either. it's just a
matter of time when things overlap.
just face it, it's one big complex that needs a coherent solution. if
it was done right, qca is this solution. building anything around it
would be pretty pointless. and tt should once embrace something, not clone
it (and reach the same feature level in about three years). they can buy
it out (including justin :) if they can sleep better then. :)=