qt code in kdelibs?

Andreas Pour pour at knewton.biz
Mon May 21 18:53:02 BST 2007

Sorry if this has been answered - no you cannot put *any* GPL code in kdelibs!  Aside from the noted problem with Apple and also of kde apps licensed under non-GPL licenses, if you put any GPL code in kdelibs then all of kdelibs must be licensed under the GPL (under a common reading of the GPL) and a commercial Qt license would not help with that (in fact the commercial Qt license would probably not even apply to the qringbuffer_p.h included in kdelibs).

Thus you would prevent any proprietary KDE applications.

This is why we have the kde library licensing policy.  See http://developer.kde.org/policies/licensepolicy.html

Ciao,

Andreas