changes in ThreadWeaver signals and slots

Mirko Boehm mirko at kde.org
Wed May 16 09:19:19 BST 2007

On Tuesday 15 May 2007 15:09:43 Cyrille Berger wrote:
> > This is binary compatible,
>
> Not really, as any binary build with the old kdelibs won't work with the
> newer, and further more I also think it breaks API freeze, as it requires a
> code change in the application.
The API did not change, we have the same signals and slots as before. The old
libs still link, because we have exactly the same object signatures as
before. Therefore, it is binary compatible, but not source compatible. No
need to wait for Monday.

> Now it can be argue wether the change was needed or not, but I still
> believe it should at least have been done on a Monday.
Only connect statements break, which required some hackery until now, because
you could not connect to threadweaver objects without being in the namespace.
The change was absolutely necessary. I understand that it sucks.

It would have been more on target if you said "how did this slip through until
now, you moron?" :-)

Have a nice day,
--Mirko.
--