enabling workspace/kcontrol on windows

Niels van Mourik niels at shodan.nl
Sun May 13 23:10:43 BST 2007

Op maandag 14 mei 2007, schreef Andreas Pakulat:
> Hi,
>
> I just compiled kdebase on win32 to be able to change the kde style to
> something more native than Plastik. Unfortunately this is impossible
> currently, because the whole workspace is disabled for win32.
>
> While most of the things in workspace won't work under win32, like
> ksysguard or kwin, plasma and kdm, I think at least the ui-config-kcm's
> should be enabled.
Well, a temporary solution would be to edit your
~/.kde/share/config/kdeglobals file (don't know exactly where it is under
windows, but I expect it to be under documents & settings).

And set the style there:

[General]
widgetStyle=windowsxp

> I'm not sure how to do that though, enabling kcontrol in workspace is
> kind of messy because there are certain checks done for workspace that
> fail on win32. And I think its too late for moving the kcm's to runtime
> now, right? Ideas?
I will leave these questions over to the real devs =).

--
The sky may fall on your head tomorrow, but tomorrow never comes!
  -- Chief Vitalstatix