[REMINDER] Normalized signals and slots

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sun May 13 08:22:51 BST 2007

On Sunday 13 May 2007, Rafael Fernández López wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is only a reminder to take in count when tagging a new release. We had
> a talk some time ago because of this topic. I think we could normalize all
> signals and slots at least for kdelibs when going to pack a new release.
> This will increase speed on slow computers
By 0.001% I suppose. We seem to like "easy global fixes" currently, but let's not forget
that a KDE4 desktop doesn't even have a background right now...

> and we will benefit from great
> readability when reading code (since the optimization is done when tagging
> the release).
>
> I remember Olivier wrote an app when we had that talk. This is just a
> reminder, and probably a question: will the release team normalize signals
> and slots before packaging a new release ?
I don't think it is a good idea to make untested changes to the code at the very very last minute. Imagine if there's a bug in the script...
And generally, we don't want tarballs to be different from the code in subversion (patches wouldn't apply, etc.)

Better normalize in subversion, right now, and keep that script around to run it again in a few months.