.so-files in /usr/lib in kdelibs

Sune Vuorela debian at pusling.com
Sat May 12 17:08:38 BST 2007

Hi!

(-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr)
The current alpha release seems to ship .so-files in /usr/lib (not symlinks,
files) that some of the executables in /usr/bin links against.

Shouldn't these .so files be treated like the other shared libs (with
proper .so.5 names) - or alternatively moved somewhere else?

cupsdconf
  NEEDED      libkdeinit_cupsdconf.so
kaddprinterwizard
  NEEDED      libkdeinit_kaddprinterwizard.so
kbuildsycoca4
  NEEDED      libkdeinit_kbuildsycoca4.so.4
kconf_update
  NEEDED      libkdeinit_kconf_update.so
kded
  NEEDED      libkdeinit_kded.so
kio_http_cache_cleaner
  NEEDED      libkdeinit_kio_http_cache_cleaner.so
klauncher
  NEEDED      libkdeinit_klauncher.so

tmp/usr/lib$ find . -maxdepth 1 -type f -name '*.so'
./libkdeinit_kded.so
./libkdeinit_cupsdconf.so
./libkdeinit_klauncher.so
./libkdeinit_kaddprinterwizard.so
./libkdeinit_kio_http_cache_cleaner.so
./libkdeinit_kconf_update.so

I at least think it looks weird, but there is also a chance that I am showing
some holes in my knowledge about shared libraries.

(I tried asking on #kde4-devel where thiago and winterz seems to disagree
about it - winterz suggested me to drop a note here)

/Sune
--
How can I install the file of the sendmail?

The point is that you either cannot cancel the 3D prompt, or can never rename
the driver but then from Photoshop 92 and from the control drawer inside DOS
you neither should ever doubleclick on the cable, nor ever have to overclock
a site on a device on a parallel 3Dfx sound board to a graphic Web site over
the server for receiving a URL.