Fixing the Shortcut Mess

Randy Kramer rhkramer at gmail.com
Thu May 10 12:00:24 BST 2007

On Wednesday 09 May 2007 10:48 pm, Andreas Hartmetz wrote:
> Please speak up if you or anybody you know really needs to reconfigure
> standard shortcuts.

I'm a user (possibly a wannabee developer, but I'm a long way from that).

My answer is conditional.  I almost don't care about the standard shortcuts
(or maybe, rather configurability of them) as long as there is a "free"
shortcut namespace where I can assign shortcuts for the applications (and OS
actions) that I use/customize.

key, I started using that, and that is much preferred (the reason is obvious,
I think).

If you, and everybody (that is, applications, OSs, whatever) can stay out of
the <win> key namespace, then I don't need configurability for standard
shortcuts.

Randy Kramer