const ref returns in KDE3 compat code / other questions

Alex Merry huntedhacker at tiscali.co.uk
Thu May 10 01:10:19 BST 2007

This is the sort of thing I'd ask on IRC, if my college hadn't decided
it was a security risk and blocked the port...

Should const refs in returns in KDE 3 compatibility code be changed?
I'm guessing we don't want to change the API for that code as far as
possible, being compatibility code.

Also, if anyone is willing to have a quick peek at the remaining kdecore
issues, that'd be great.  There are only 9 left (if you ignore the
includes ones, which I fixed/excluded with my last commit).

KGlobal: There are two functions returning const refs.  I think they
probably should do so, but I'd like someone with a bit more experience
check before I exclude it.

sonnet/loader.h: Most of the members of this class are in the d-pointer,
except one that is marked mutable.  I assume this is for a reason, but
I'm not sure what.

config/ksharedconfig.h: I wasn't sure whether these should have
d-pointers or not.  KSharedConfigPtr is possibly too simple, and the
global list and shared part of KSharedConfig meant I wasn't sure what
to do about it.

io/kurl.h: Does KUrl::List need a d-pointer?  It's just some convenience
methods on top of a QList, but I guess it's possible a method might
need to store some data in the future...

alex

--
KDE: http://www.kde.org
Ubuntu/Kubuntu: http://www.ubuntu.org http://www.kubuntu.org