kmobiletools moved to kdereview

Robert Knight robertknight at gmail.com
Wed May 9 02:50:18 BST 2007

Hello Marco,

I like the concept behind the program.  The application itself is
difficult to assess because I couldn't get the add phone wizard to
work properly.

On first run it crashed because of trying to access an object before
creating it ( the line "engineData()->setManufacturer" in
libkmobiletools/engine.cpp:125 ), after I fixed that, I could go
through the wizard, but obviously it is work in progress.

Something I can suggest though is to try and lower the level of
technical know-how required of your users.  In the wizard on the front
page:

- There are references to /dev and udev and having "read and write
permissions", way way too technical.
- The user is asked to pick an engine to use.  If at all possible, do
this for them.

Regards,
Robert.