[REMINDER] KDE 4.0 Milestones

Ellen Reitmayr ellen at kde.org
Mon May 7 20:40:10 BST 2007

On Monday 07 May 2007, Allen Winter wrote:
> Some friendly reminders...
>
> 8 May (Tomorrow!) is the "New Application Freeze" and the
> start of the "Usability and Accessibility Review".

<snip>

> Usability and Accessibility Review:
>   I don't think we know what this means yet.  Does the HCI team have a
> plan?

We have a plan, and one of them is to include the community in "HIG-Hunting"
sessions. We will publish several checklists, e.g. about configuration
dialogs, toolbars, menus, context menus, color settings, keyboard access,
feedback dialogs etc. and ask the community to review KDE4 along those
checklists. Bugs should be reported in bugzilla and tagged "HIG" in the
title. On a wiki page, people should write down what applications have
already been reviewed.

At the same time, the usability and accessibility people will do further
reviews and post suggestions in core-devel or other developer mailing lists.

We are still preparing the first checklist and plan to announce it after new
application freeze (Wednesday), then more checklists every 2 or 3 days. If
you suggest another procedure, let us know.

--
Ellen Reitmayr
KDE Usability Project