[REMINDER] KDE 4.0 Milestones

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Mon May 7 14:03:28 BST 2007

Howdy All,

Some friendly reminders...

8 May (Tomorrow!) is the "New Application Freeze" and the
start of the "Usability and Accessibility Review".

New Application Freeze:
   this means we want to have new apps in kdereview, or resurrected apps back
   in a main module no later than tomorrow, midnight (your timezone).    The
   applications don't have to be perfect or done -- but they do need to build
   successfully with cmake.  and have some basic handbook doc.

   Applications in kdereview will have until 1 June to be reviewed and moved
   into a main module.  See [1] for more info.

   Please announce your new app on kde-core-devel

Usability and Accessibility Review:
  I don't think we know what this means yet.  Does the HCI team have a plan?
  However... this is a good time to ask/nag for widget/dialog gurus to start
  working on the icon, font, and color settings as described in [2], with
  designer mockups available at [3].  We will need to unfreeze kdelibs
  as needed for these dialogs.

1 June is our Feature Freeze.  After that, we crush bugs and work on
usability, accessibility, fine tuning, documenting, beta testing...

[1] http://techbase.kde.org/Policies/SVN_Guidelines
[2] http://amen-online.de/%7Eolafschmidt/colors/colors.pdf
[3] http://amen-online.de/%7Eolafschmidt/colors/designer.tar.gz